Friday, June 4, 2010

Unexpected turns in our Lives

My last couple of week have been very long and frustrating. First off I usually get baby hungry pretty quick after having my babies. This is the first time that I have felt content and that I wanted to wait until Jantzen was at least three. Well back in April I missed my period and so I knew that if I was pregnant I was due the beginning of January. All my babies have been due in January. It has always been a joke that I just get pregnant in April if I am not nursing. I took 4 tests that said negative and then finally 2 said positive. About 2 weeks ago I was in so much pain that I felt like I was in labor. I talked to a couple of friends who have miscarried and so I figured that is what was happening. I went to the doctor had a ultrasound and went and did blood work. There was no baby in my uterus but the blood work said that I was pregnant. I continued to have so much pain but nobody had any answers for me. I had to go in and do blood work for a week and each time my numbers would go up and down and they were over 600 when they should have been below 10. Last weekend my pain was gone and I thought everything was fine. I did more blood work and so the doctor made me do another ultrasound and a scope. They found that I had a tubal pregnancy and I had over 200cc's of blood that had dripped down into my abdomen. The doctor doesn't know how I was even getting around without being in pain. I had surgery on Wednesday and they had to make three incisions in my stomach and now I am just recovering. My mom and dad have my kids up in Soda and I am getting bored being home alone, but I know I just need to recover. I have been really good emotionally throughout all of it because I feel blessed to have the three beautiful children that I do, but when I see on facebook or blogs that people are expecting babies around Christmas or something it makes me sad. I am just grateful that they caught it when they did because if it would have burst things would have been worse. They had to remove part of my tube, but I can still have babies in the future so that is a comfort. I am so grateful for my wonderful family and friends that have helped me through all of this. One thing that both the doctor and the lab workers asked me is if I was on the HCG diet and how harmful that could be for my body. So I guess this is a warning for anyone who consideres doing that diet that it could really mess things up and make things difficult for future pregnancies. I didnt' do this diet but I know many people that think it is great because you loose weight fast but it is dangerous. Well I usually don't type so much on her but this is just an update on what is going on with me right now.

6 comments:

Hope said...

Hey Molly, sorry about all the hard times! I hope you are doing alright now. It definately is good to know that you can still have babies. That could for sure be a scary situation. Way to be on the up and up about it all. I'm only in Logan if you need anything. Good luck with the recovery girl.

Amanda Hansen said...

I'm so glad I got to talk to you today. I hope you get feeling better soon. Let us know if there is anything we can do. Just rest and get better.

Shae said...

oh wow! i'm glad that everything turned out okay, and that it didn't burst! that's so scary! it is hard when you have friends that are expecting around the same time you would have, even if you weren't planning on getting pregnant. it still hurts. it's good to know that it didn't mess things up for future pregnancies, though! good luck in your recovery process!

Emily J. said...

Molly, sorry to hear about what is going on. I wish I was still in Brigham to help you. I wish we would have made time to hang out more. You guys were so much fun!!! You take things for granted until there is no time to enjoy them. Take care of yourself and best of luck recovering.

Jessica Jensen said...

Hey I'm glad that they finally figured out what was going on, but sorry that everything has happened the way that it did. You are truly blessed that they found it when they did!@ Get well and call if you need someone to talk to!!

Love ya!

abo-bder said...



شركة تنظيف بالرياض
فنى
فنى
فنى
فنى
فنى
فنى
فنى
فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني