Thursday, December 25, 2008

Jantzen Randy Vranes

I do not have internet at my home anymore so that is why I don't have any pictures of Jantzen posted. While I am home for Christmas I will try to get the pictures downloaded to my inlaws computer. If it doesn't work I just wanted to write a quick update. Jantzen was born on Monday, December 15th. I had a lot of false labor. I went so quickly with Jocelyn that I was worried, but with him I was having consistant contractions but I wasn't dialating. He decided he would break my water Monday morning. He did around 8:00 and I had him at 11:39. I was going to try and be tough and not have an epidural since I didn't with Jocelyn but after a few really hard contractions I decided I needed it. They got it in and I sat back and I felt like I had to push. I told Bri to get the nurse and she came and checked me and said that I couldn't push until the Doctor got there. It took him about 5 minutes and as he was walking in the door he told me I could push if I was having a contraction. I only had to push a few minutes and he was here. I felt everything, but the epidural did go into effect right after he was born. He swallowed some amniotic fluid and it got in his lungs so he had to get hooked up to an iv and had heart monitors and all sorts of cords all over him. We had to stay in the hospital for 5 days. We came home on Friday the 19th and he is doing great. I took him to the doctor at one week and he was already back to birth weight so they said he was doing really good. I hope to get pictures soon, but I just wanted to let everyone know how things went. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Annalisa and Jacob said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pictures!